On November 30th, the Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade, and OCOP Fair Week of Binh Duong province in 2023 will take place at Thu Dau Mot Park. To find out what activities will be held during this week and how preparations have been made up to this point, Binh Duong Newspaper had an interview with Nguyen Duc Minh, Director of the Provincial Tourism Promotion Center and Deputy Head of the Organizing Committee for the Week, regarding these matters.
- After successfully organizing four editions of the Binh Duong Food Festival, why did the organizers decide to change it to the Binh Duong Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade and OCOP Fair Week, sir?
- The Binh Duong Culinary Festival, organized four times by the Department of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, has created a cultural space to celebrate national holidays in general and the province of Binh Duong in particular. It is also an important channel to introduce and promote the tourism image of Binh Duong to both local and international visitors. At the same time, it creates conditions for tourism and culinary businesses to meet, exchange, introduce tourism products, and the distinctive dishes of Binh Duong, attracting thousands of people to come and enjoy every night.
The culinary festivals in Binh Duong have always attracted a large number of locals and tourists to come and experience
The introduction and promotion nowadays not only stop at the tourism sector, but the organizers also aim to introduce and promote more extensively, including cultural, economic, and social aspects, as well as the land and people of Binh Duong province. Therefore, this year the organizers have decided to change the name to Binh Duong Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade, and OCOP Fair Week which is coordinated by three units of Department of Culture, Sports, and Tourismj, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and Department of Industry and Trade, aiming to elevate the Binh Duong Food Festival to new heights in line with the province's development potentials.
- Compared to previous festivals, what is new about this year's week? Please provide more details about the activities that will take place during this year's week.
- First of all, it can be said that this year's Binh Duong Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade, and OCOP Fair Week is larger in scale than previous years. Accordingly, the week will feature 90 booths with the participation and coordination of many units. The products introduced and displayed this year are also more diverse and abundant, such as various dishes and beverages from many provinces and cities participating, agricultural products, industrial products etc. This year's week also sees the participation of the Binh Duong Tourism Association to introduce and promote tourism products, accommodation services, and tourist destinations in Binh Duong to visitors.
Binh Duong Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade, and OCOP Fair Week this year will be held for 4 days, from November 30th to December 3rd, featuring various activities to serve the people and tourists. In addition to showcasing and introducing tourism products, there will also be supporting activities such as art performances, culinary demonstrations, beautiful booth competitions, and the award ceremony for the Binh Duong Tourism Souvenir Creation Contest 2023.
- Up to this point, the organizers have made what preparations to ensure that the week proceeds safely and smoothly, leaving a lasting positive impression on everyone, sir?
- Only a few days left until the opening of the Binh Duong Cultural, Culinary, Tourism, Trade, and OCOP Fair Week in 2023 to see that, at this point, all preparations have been basically completed. In terms of promotion, we have disseminated information about the week through various media channels, social networking sites, press releases, online platforms, mobile advertising vehicles, and online spaces. The organizers have informed and introduced the activities of the week to a large number of local residents and tourists, both within and outside the province, in order to attract attention and arrange their time to participate in the experiences of many people during the week.
Regarding the organization of the week, the art design unit is currently carrying out the construction of booths and preparing for handover to participating units for decoration according to their respective themes. The organizers have been working and will coordinate with relevant departments to ensure food safety and hygiene throughout the duration of the week. The organizers have also developed implementation plans to inspect and approve products and dishes when participating in the week, ensuring that residents and tourists can confidently engage in the experience.
The organizers will coordinate with the functional departments of Thu Dau Mot City in ensuring security and order, traffic flow management to ensure synchronized and efficient implementation during the week-long event. With many diverse and exciting activities, it is hoped that this year's week-long festival will create a vibrant festive atmosphere and showcase the unique cultural, culinary, and tourism highlights of Binh Duong, as well as its exemplary industrial and agricultural products. This will leave a lasting and positive impression on both local residents and visitors from near and far.
- Thank you!
Contact information: Binh Duong Province Tourism Promotion Center. Address: 239 Thich Quang Duc Street, Chanh Nghia Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province. Phone: (0274) 3855.636. Website: dulichbinhduong.org.vn. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviewed by Hong Thuan – Translated by Vi Bao