Binh Duong provincial Management Board of Industrial Parks is planning to restore the economy on the principle of safety and flexibility by adapting to the state of the epidemic to move towards reopening all production and business activities in industrial parks. Talking to reporters of Binh Duong Newspaper, Mr. Bui Minh Tri, Head of the provincial Management Board of Industrial Parks, said that reopening production and business activities must follow the principle of "safety to produce, production must be safe".
Many enterprises in industrial parks are actively planning to develop a plan to restore production and business operations in the last months of 2021. In the photo: Production activities at TEKCOM Joint Stock Company in Nam Tan Uyen Industrial Park expansion
- How do you evaluate the production and business activities of enterprises in the provincial industrial parks in the first nine months of 2021?
- The complicated developments of the Covid-19 epidemic in the fourth outbreak caused a great negative impact on the production, business and development of enterprises in the industrial park in the first 9 months of the year. Many enterprises in industrial parks had to stop operating because they could not meet the "3 on the spot" option, which disrupted important production value chains. Along with that, capital from the foreign invested sector and the private sector decreased. Although the situation has been very difficult, the leadership of the provincial Party Committee, the provincial People's Committee, the coordination of branches and localities, the efforts of the business community have contributed to maintain stability and development of the business community and industrial parks according to the proposed orientation. The production and business targets in the first 9 months of 2021 of enterprises in industrial parks also increased compared to the same period in 2020.
- How do you evaluate the upcoming production operations in industrial parks?
- Up to now, the situation of the Covid-19 epidemic is basically under control, production and business activities are gradually being restored, but many difficulties and challenges remain. Many businesses have tried to maintain operations with the "3 on on the spot", "1 route, 2 destinations" options, but the effect has not really been achieved as expected. Enterprises are facing many difficulties such as broken production chain, high production costs, reduced input of raw materials and capacity, and labor shortage because workers have returned home and do not know when to return to Binh Duong affecting the ability to restore production and development targets in the last months of the year. Inflows of domestic and foreign investment into industrial zones are also at risk of decline.
- How does the management board of provincial industrial parks plan to reopen all production and business activities in industrial parks, sir?
- Returning to operations in the new situation, production plans of enterprises need changing to ensure safety and be in line with the situation of the Covid-19 epidemic. Recently, the Management Board of the provincial Industrial Parks has issued Plan No. 27/KH-BQL on the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic and the restoration of production and business activities of enterprises in the industrial parks. The plan aims to continue to support and create favorable conditions for enterprises in the industrial parks to maintain production and business activities and ensure safe production conditions. Thereby, contributing to stabilizing economic growth, restoring and developing production and business, ensuring state budget revenue, jobs, health care and workers' lives.
- Can you please disclose the plan in details?
- According to the plan, enterprises in the industrial parks will apply the roadmap to reorganize production and business according to the timelines. For enterprises that are maintaining operations, by December 31, 2021, they will reach 80% of their capacity compared to before the epidemic. For enterprises that are shutting down, by October 31, 90% of enterprises will return to production. By December 31, 2021, 100% of enterprises will return compared to before the epidemic. In order for enterprises to return to operation according to the above route, enterprises in the industrial park can apply the "3 green" or "flexible 3 on on the spot" model depending on the epidemic control situation. For green areas, they should apply the "3 green" model of green factories, green accommodation, and green workers, which is free from the virus. For the rest of the region, the model of “flexible 3 on the spot” is applied.
Currently, about 90% of enterprises in industrial parks have resumed production. The management board of the provincial industrial parks will continue to meet and guide enterprises to develop production recovery plans; to continue to accelerate further to inject 2 full doses of vaccines for experts and workers. In addition, they are quickly deploying the establishment of mobile medical stations in enterprises and industrial zones to ensure that workers would have access to healthcare anytime and anywhere; regular inspection and supervision are maintained to ensure safety in production.
- Thank you!
Interviewed by Ngoc Thanh – Translated by Vi Bao