During the last tenure, trade union activities, workers and civil servants’ movements in the province have had comprehensive development, thereby contributing to affirming and enhancing the position of the Trade Union and making an important contribution to the process of socio-economic development, building up a more and more prosperous, beautiful and civilized Binh Duong. On the occasion of the 11th provincial Trade Union Congress for the 2023-2028 tenure, Binh Duong Newspaper had an interview with comrade Nguyen Hoang Thao, Pernament Vice-Secretary of provincial Party Committee, about some orientations in leadership for trade union activities and laborers’movements in the coming time.
Nguyen Hoang Thao, Permanent Vice-Secretary of provincial Party Committee offers Tet gifts to workers
Caring for and improving workers’ lives
- Binh Duong is a locality with industrial development, attracting many workers. To improve the effectiveness of trade union activities and take good care of workers’lives, how did provincial Party Committee pay attention to the leadership and direction of workers’ movements and trade union activities over the past time?
- Provincial leaders always determine that workers play a particularly important role during the local development processing. Therefore, the province always pays attention to directing the building of a strong contingent of workers, a strong trade union organization, promoting the local trade union activities and workers’ movements.
In 2018, provincial Party Standing Committee issued the Decision No. 761/QDTU dated August 6, 2018 implementing the overall project on "Improving the operational organization, contents and methods of provincial Trade Union in the current situation”. This is an important project with comprehensive impact, contributing to fundamentally innovating the contents and methods of trade union activities in the province. The Resolution of the 11th provincial Party Congress for the 2020-2025 tenure has also clearly identified the task of "Improving the material and spiritual lives of workers" as one of the 9 key tasks to implement breakthrough programs in the province during the tenure.
Provincial Party Standing Committee has also issued the Action Program No. 57-CTr/TU on further improving the material and spiritual lives of the local workers; the Program No. 58-CTr/TU on implementing the Politburo’s Resolution No.02-NQ/TW on innovating the organization and operation of Vietnamese trade unions in the new situation; the Program No. 16-CTr/TU on building and developing Party organizations and socio-political organizations in non-State enterprises in the period of 2016-2020; the Program No. 25-Ctr/TU on developing Party members among workers in the period of 2021-2025; the Project No. 03-DA/TU on supporting resources to carry out the work of building and developing Party organizations and socio-political organizations in non-State enterprises in the period of 2022-2025...
Affirming, enhancing Trade Union’s position
- Could you give an overview of the local workers’ movements and trade union activities during the last tenure?
- During the last term, the local workers’movements and trade union activities were consolidated constantly and developed strongly, achieving many positive and comprehensive results in all aspects, making an important contribution to the local development. Up to now, the main tasks of the Project on "Improving the operational organization, contents and methods of provincial Trade Union in the new situation" have basically been completed.
The implementation of the Politburo’s Resolution 02-NQ/TW on reforming the organization and operation of Vietnam's Trade Union in the new situation has achieved many results. Provincial Trade unions at all levels gradually innovated the operational contents and methods of propaganda and mobilization, attracting the voluntary participation of workers and establishing trade union locals; focused on propagandizing, mobilizing and persuading employers to ensure the rights of employees to participate in trade union activities under the law, ensuring employees’ legitimate rights & interests and enterprises’ development.
Provincial Labor Union focused on building up a contingent of specialized officials with bravery, enthusiasm, responsibility, prestige and ability to gather and unite workers; set up an open, flexible and dynamic trade union model to promptly address trade unionists and employees’legitimate needs and aspirations. Provincial Labor Union also paid attention to training, fostering and rotating officials in order to build up a contingent of officials at requirements and tasks.
During the last tenure, provincial Trade Unions at all levels attached special importance to the tasks of supporting Covid-19 prevention and control, caring for and supporting trade unionists and employees with difficult circumstances, serious diseases, labor accidents or hit by the pandemic... by many flexible and effective activities. Patriotic emulation movements were widely deployed with contents and forms closely following the reality, encouraging trade unionists and workers to innovate and be creative in production...They also bent on developing trade unionists, building up a strong Trade Union, participating in building the Party and the government; excelled at training and admitting outstanding laborers...
It can be affirmed that the local Trade Union activities and workers’ movements over the past 5 years gained comprehensive development, thereby contributing to affirming and enhancing the position of the Trade Union and making important contributions to the process of socio-economic development, building up a more and more prosperous, beautiful and civilized Binh Duong.
Concentrating on performing key tasks
- In the new tenure, which key tasks should provincial Trade Union focus on to contribute to the successful implementation of the Resolution of provincial Party Congress?
- First of all, provincial Trade Unions at all levels must regularly attach importance to well realizing political and ideological education for employees; improve and diversify operational contents and forms in line with each type of trade unionists and employees. Specifically, they will make propaganda and education among workers, helping them get more aware of the nature of the working class, the goals and ideals of the Party, the Trade Union and the historical mission of the working class; raise their awareness of revolutionary vigilance; uphold patriotism, national pride and self-respect; widely and deeply launch patriotic emulation movements, clearly defining responsibility for the province's requirements and tasks in the new situation.
The Trade Union along with the political system will focus on drastically and effectively implementing provincial Party Committee’s policies and orientations on rapid, comprehensive and sustainable development, creating momentum for the completion of the targets of the Resolution of the 11th provincial Party Congress. In addition, the Trade Union needs to focus on implementing provincial Party Standing Committee’s action programs and projects, including the Action Program No. 57 on "Further improving the material and spiritual lives of workers in Binh Duong province"; the Action Program No. 58 on implementing the Politburo’s Resolution No.02 on improving the organization and operation of the Vietnamese Trade Union in the new situation; the Project on social housing development for workers; the Program for developing Party members among workers in the period of 2021-2025; the Project on supporting resources to carry out the work of building and developing Party organizations and socio-political organizations in non-State enterprises in the period of 2022-2025; the Resolution on implementing digital transformation; the strategy on smart city developmen towards building smart regions and green cities...
Provincial Trade unions at all levels need to pay more attention and be more proactive in planning, training, fostering, using, rotating and preparing the next source of officials; build up a truly strong organization in terms of politics, ideology, organization and action to be worthy of being a center of solidarity, education, training, building up a contingent of workers. The Trade union is a bridge connecting the Party and all workers; constantly improves operations contents and methods in a creative, effective, and realistic direction; focuses on the grassroots, building and deploying activities, movements suitable to each targetted group, truly becoming a solid and reliable mainstay for employees...
- Thank you!
Reported by Ho Van-Translated by Kim Tin