Vietnamese |  English |  中文 |  Báo In

Land of many historical landmarks

Update: 31-05-2019 | 11:34:41

Currently, the whole province has 12 national-level monuments, 41 provincial-level monuments and museums, of which there are 4 national-level historical monuments and 15 provincial-level monuments. This can be said to be a favorable factor for Binh Duong to become an attractive tourist destination, attracting domestic and foreign tourists to learn about history and sources. Among these are typically the Iron Triangle Tunnels, Phu Loi Prison, the 4th Corps Museum.

Pride of troops and people of the South

The geography of Iron Triangle (An Tay commune, Ben Cat town) is the heroic land of the Southeast in the years of resistance war against America. Along with Cu Chi Tunnels (Ho Chi Minh City), this is also considered a pride of the army and people of Saigon and the Southeast region during the 1960s and 1972s.

About the place name the Iron Triangle is a triangle with the peaks of Ben Suc and Ben Cat towns and a spot on Thi Tinh river (near the intersection with the Saigon River). The iron triangle is located in 3 communes of An Dien, An Tay and Phu An, in the southwest of Ben Cat Town, so it is often called Southwestern Ben Cat. It used to be the base of the Ben Cat District Party Committee, Thu Dau Mot Provincial Party Committee and Saigon - Gia Dinh District Commissioner.

The students visit the Iron Triangle Remain. Photo: Hoang Pham

With the tunnels connecting three communes of about 70km long, the battles of the army and people in the Iron Triangle have sunk hundreds of enemy ships on the Saigon River, destroying hundreds of US soldiers - puppets, destroying tanks , enemy armored vehicles with self-made weapons ... make the American expeditionary army terrified whenever they set foot on this land of fire.

The geological relic of the Iron Triangle has been recognized as a national historical and cultural relic since 1996. On an area of ​​17.7 hectares, in 2010, the relic area has been invested by over VND 225 billion to building monuments and other construction items.

Place of war crimes

Ruins of Phu Loi Prison in Phu Loi Ward, Thu Dau Mot City. During 8 years of existence (1957-1964), Phu Loi Prison was called "Earthly Hell", with all kinds of cruel forms of American imperialism and henchmen to shake the will of the people product.

Phu Loi Prison was one of the great US-Diem prisons in the South, built in 1957 to imprison and torture revolutionary soldiers and patriots at that time. The prison is built right next to the military base with a total area of ​​about 12 hectares. America - Diem divided the prison into many areas: administrative area, family soldiers' quarters and detention camps (called An Tri Vien). The prison area consists of 3 camps: Chi Lang, Bach Dang and Dong Da. All 3 camps have 9 cells marked A, B, C, D ..., each camp separated by dense zinc barbed walls. Surrounding 3 camps are 2 high walls, with several layers of barbed wire, electric lighting system at night, completely isolated from the outside.

In November 1958, the Government of the Republic of Vietnam organized exile of political prisoners (prisoners of type A or "revolutionary prison") to Con Dao. Due to rough seas, the ship could not reach Vung Tau sea - Con Dao so the trip had to be postponed. On November 30, 1958, according to the direction of the above, the management team and prison staff put poison into the prisoners' diet, causing thousands of prisoners to be poisoned; by December 1, 1958, the number of death inmates was thousands.

In response to this situation, the Communist Party organization in prison has organized self-treatment for poisoned prisoners and has struggled to denounce this action. Prisoners broke the roof of the prison, occupied the radio station, using corrugated sheets rolled into loudspeakers to denounce. The case spread widely, causing a wave of resentment not only in the country but also in the world. Finally, Phu Loi Prison was forced to disband in 1964.

On July 10, 1980, the Government of Phu Loi Prison was recognized and ranked as a national historical monument. On December 1 every year, it was chosen as the "Phu Loi hatred" day to commemorate the incident of poisoning prisoners at Phu Loi prison.

The school of revolutionary tradition education

4 Corps Museum is located at 10, Doc Lap Boulevard, Song Than Industrial Park, Da An Town. Over the past 20 years, the 4th Army Corps Museum - Cuu Long Hero Army has become a place to visit, study and educate cadres, soldiers and strata of the heroic tradition of the legion. as well as the hero of the Vietnam People's Army.

The 4th Army Corps Museum was originally a traditional army corps, built on July 20, 1984, right on the 10th anniversary of the 4th Corps establishment. According to the aspirations of generations of cadres, soldiers who fought and worked at the corps and to meet the requirements of keeping and displaying images, artifacts and documents of the nation, army and the 4th Hero Corps, on July 13 -1995 according to Decision No. 613 of the Ministry of Defense, Traditional House of the 4th Corps was upgraded to a Class II Museum in the national museum system. Since then, the year 13-7 every year is the traditional day of the 4th Corps Museum.

With an area of ​​more than 11,000m2, the Army Corps 4 Museum is designed and displayed harmoniously, reasonably, creating conditions for visitors to have an overall and logical view of events and artifacts. In the exhibition area, the interior is arranged in 10 categories on the army's combat, construction and maturation process. Outdoor display space is green trees, grass beds, flower beds, ornamental plants, ornamental creatures. In the middle of the campus is the monumental victory of the legion. Around the campus exhibits large artifacts, weapons of our troops and people in the war of national defense and the spoils of the enemy.

Reported by Khanh Dang – Translated by Vi Bao

Share
Quay lên trên free html hit counter